I have done extensive work with a in Abu Dhabi. I've also done several meetings for the past several years in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai – both places with ample opportunities of unusual activities and sights. Whether you have flown to the UAE for a long weekend mileage boondoggle or just completed an event there, below are some must-dos in Abu Dhabi.
- Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque: One of the world’s largest mosques and the tour is a must. The mosque has the world’s largest hand-knotted carpet, chandelier and dome.
- Emirates Palace Hotel: Five Star Hotel, the most opulent and oldest hotel in city - enjoy High-Tea and also check-out the world’s only GOLD ATM machine.
- Go on a Desert Sunset/ Dinner Safari: This is an absolute must – you enter the desert in jeeps, cruise over the dunes – and have an unforgettable dinner in the dunes as well. Some of the DMCs offering this service that I have used are Abu Dhabi Adventure Tours or 1001 Events.
- Visit the YAS Hotel and F1 Race Track: The YAS hotel is built in the center of the F1 Race Track, and is surreal in design.
- Ferrari World in the YAS Marina Circuit If you are a Ferrari fan, this is a must and you can also experience the world’s fastest roller coaster there
- Visit the Capital Gate - A fascinating structure with the 5-star Park Hyatt Capital Gate attached.
- Masdar City / City of the Future: City project powered only by the sun. No cars are allowed, and this is a 0-carbon development.