The GMC Board of Directors and Committees have been busy. Here is a summary of
activities as reported during the March 26 Quarterly Education Meeting.
Board of Directors
Catherine Mills, CMP, GMC President-Elect
Current activities include:
• Reviewing our strategic plan
• Looking at additional revenue streams
• Reviewing ROI expectations for sponsors
• Increasing our marketing
• Looking to expand our programming to member states besides Illinois
Catherine also announced that PCMA will need a great number of local volunteers to help with Convening Leaders in Chicago in 2015. If you would like to volunteer, contact JoAnna Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Services Committee
Sarah shared her committee’s goals for 2014:
• Shake up Bowl-a-Thon
• Increase contributions to our charity. Little Brothers, Friends of the Elderly, is the selected charity for 2014.
• Increase communication for raffles and events
• Increase participation in events
The first 2014 event will be held in May. Stay tuned to future issues of the newsletter for details.
Tonya Almond, CMP
• 32 organizations are GMC sponsors.
• Platinum level sponsorships are sold out.
• Gold, silver, and bronze sponsorships are still available.
• The next Quarterly Education Program will be on the afternoon of Monday, June 16 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare. This will be a hybrid event, with a virtual component.
• The November Quarterly Education Program is scheduled for Wednesday, November 5 at the Murphy Auditorium in downtown Chicago. The Bowl-a-Thon will follow at Lucky Strike.
• The September date is not confirmed yet.
Phillip C. Ridley, CMP
• Chapter Relations plans a bigger push regarding educational needs and support for other states with the chapter.
• On May 14, the Wisconsin MPI/GMC-PCMA May Mixer will be held at Monona Terrace in Madison, Wisconsin.
• May 15 is Wisconsin Chapter MPI Education Day, also scheduled at Monona Terrace.
• On Wednesday, July 9 the third annual Industry Exchange Event will be held at Navy Pier. The event helps build relationships with other related associations and includes educational programming.