As a meeting professional, many of us get to travel to destinations all over the world and many times only have a few hours to spend enjoying the destination in between meetings and dinners.
Cascais is easily accessible from Lisbon, only taking 30 minutes by car. Located on the scenic coast of Portugal, this city is known for its beautiful beaches, fresh seafood, golf courses and surfing capabilities, and was home to one historic figure who may have accidently discovered America 10 years before Columbus.
If you only have a few hours to spend in Cascais, this is what I recommend:
- Spend time on the beach
- Walk along the coast and visit the Boca do Inferno “Hell’s Mouth”, where high waves crash into caves carved out of the rocks by the sea.
- Spot celebrities and sports figures who frequent this destination for vacations
- Visit one of the great fresh seafood restaurants in town, a few I would recommend: Mar do Inferno or Monte Mar
- Stay at the #1 voted hotel in Europe and the 3rd in the world by Trip Advisor, Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa. This hotel boasts incredible spas, wonderful restaurants, and breathtaking views
- Visit the Castro Guimarães Museum, once a mansion owned by the Counts of Castro Guimarães
I hope if you are able to visit Cascais, you are able to enjoy some of the things I experienced there.