BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: PCMA 2015 Member-Get-A-Member Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on 1/1/2015 at 12:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on 11/20/2015 at 11:59 PM CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, fulfillment and advertising and promotion agencies (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify participants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
METHOD OF ENTRY: There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. All Members (excluding Student Members) are entered when a new member applies for membership via a paper application or online application and references the existing member’s name in the referral area. The existing member must have a current membership to be entered into the Sweepstakes. A new member is defined as someone who has not held membership with PCMA for the last 3 years and joins as a Professional, Associate Professional, Supplier, Associate Supplier or Faculty Member. Upon receipt of the completed membership, the existing member will be automatically entered in the Sweepstakes. Membership applications must be received by March 31st to be entered into the Sweepstakes for the 1st quarter prizes, June 30th to be entered into the Sweepstakes for the 2nd quarter prizes, September 30th to be entered into the Sweepstakes for the 3th quarter prizes, and November 20th to be entered into the Sweepstakes for the 4th quarter prizes and entry into the grand prize drawing.
LIMITS: There is no limit per person for the Sweepstakes Period. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic or by any other automatic or mechanical means are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
OPT-OUT: For those who have elected to receive emails from Sponsor and no longer wish to receive any further emails from Sponsor, please send an email to the following address with the word REMOVE in the subject line: firstname.lastname@example.org OR send your name, address and email address with the word REMOVE handwritten on a 3x5 card to Sponsor at the following address: PCMA 35 E Wacker Drive, Ste 500, Chicago, IL 60601.
4. PRIZES, PRIZE DRAWING, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
PRIZE DRAWING: Prize Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. There will be a total of five (5) individual random Prize Drawings from all eligible entries. A prize drawing will take place at the end of each quarter and again at the end of the contest on or about April 1, 2015, July 1, 2015, October 1, 2015 and November 21, 2015. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Non-winning entries will not carry forward to or be included in subsequent sweepstakes or prize drawings of Sponsor.
PRIZE DETAILS: Total of three (5) prizes. Each winner of the quarterly drawing may choose from a CMP Online Prep course registration + 2015 Convening Leaders Rewind, a CASE Online Prep Course registration + 2015 Convening Leaders Rewind, a CMP Online Prep Course + one (1) on demand bundle, a CASE Online Course registration + one (1) on demand bundle, or a PCMA Career Center Posting (includes either one (1) 30 Day Job Posting + Association Job Board Network or one (1) 30 Day Job Posting + Event Job Board Network). The winner of the grand prize drawing will receive complementary registration to the 2016 Convening Leaders conference (winner will be reimburse registration fee is already registered), two (2) round trip airline vouchers on Delta Air Lines (good for one year in the continental US and Canada OR Mexico and Caribbean), transportation to and from the hotel, hotel accommodations (up to four (4) nights). . All Prizes will be awarded, provided more than enough entries have been received. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize element. Prize will be awarded in the name of the Winners. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs associated with acceptance or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator are final in all respects of the Sweepstakes. The total ARV of all prizes available to be won is: $4,000. All prizes awarded are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
PRIZE AWARDING: Limit: There is no limit on Prize per person or household. Only the published number of Prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. No cash awards, or prize substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor. Quarterly and grand prize are transferable and may be given as gifts. If any winners decline their prize, another winner will be selected and notified. Prize must be accepted within two (2) weeks otherwise another winner will be chosen Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Potential winners will be notified by email. Prize winners will be required to provide a valid email address, as applicable, and may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Affidavit”), and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance of notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable number of attempts; is ineligible according to these Official Rules; fails to provide the required information and/or return the required documents within the specified time period; if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; a potential winner decide to decline his/her prize for any reason whatsoever, or if potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be given. Once the required information and official paperwork are received within the specified time period, verified, and receive final approval by Sweepstakes Entities, then and only then will a potential Sweepstakes winner become an actual winner. Prizes winners will be notified within two (2) weeks of the drawing date and will be fulfilled within four (4) weeks of when the winner accepts the prize.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Proof of transmission of an online registration form or entry (such as a copy of the message in a “sent” or similar folder or a “thank you” screen or message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or printing error in these rules or any promotional materials, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for late, lost, stolen, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if any difficulties compromise the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to void any entries at issue and/or to suspend, modify or cancel, or terminate this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time without notice and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the termination date. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event of time of war, national emergency, accident, dangerous weather conditions, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism or other matters beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes. Notice of such action will be posted online at http://www.pcma.org/pcma-defined/membership/member-get-a-member-campaign. Caution: Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any wireless or online service or website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, biographical information, including city and state of residence, for promotional purposes by Sponsor, and its designees, including but not limited to the posting of winner’s name on the Sponsor website, in a Winners List, in ThisWeek, on social media, in Convening Leaders signage, etc. without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law (“Promotions”). All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Promotions shall be owned by Sponsor or its licensors and winning participants hereby disclaim and waive any claim of right to such Promotions. Such Promotions shall be solely under control of Sponsor or its licensors, and winning recipients hereby waive any claim of control over the Promotions content as well as any possible claims of misuse of winning recipient’s name under contract, tort or any other theory of law. Entrants indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession of the prize resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has not arranged for nor carries any insurance of any kind for the benefit of Entrant or that of Entrant’s heirs, executors and administrators relative to Entrant’s use of the prize awarded to Entrant; and that Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, accident, automobile, property or other insurance relative to the prize awarded to Entrant. Entrant hereby acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize provider that may be sent along with a prize.
7. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than in Illinois.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. WHO WON: For the names of the prize winners, available from 1/1/2015 to 11/20/2015, please access http://www.pcma.org/pcma-defined/membership/member-get-a-member-campaign.
9. SPONSOR: Professional Convention Management Association, 35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60601.