All business is personal, but it takes time to establish meaningful connections. If you are not top of mind, then your competition gets the call for the next piece of business. In our highly competitive world relationships matter more than ever, and this is especially true in the meetings industry.
The quest for more productivity pushes us to increasingly use digital and social media tools to interact with others. With these ever-evolving changes in how we communicate, are we really better connected? While social media tools are great, it can remove the personal side of a relationship. Thom Singer will take us on a journey of exploration about how we can maximize our online brand and reputation in a social media crazy world.
From this session, you will learn to:
• Discover how to focus your 2016-17 efforts on finding the ROI of your networking activities
• Assess the real benefits of networking and social media (beyond a “like”, “link”, “share” or “follow”)
• Identify new methods to follow up with people you meet in business situations
• Determine how to create a culture for connections in the events you organize
• 11:00 am - Registration & Networking
• 11:45 am - Luncheon
• 12:30 pm - Presentation
• 1:45 pm - Program completion and hotel tour
Presenter: Thom Singer, CSP
Thom Singer, CSP, has more than 25 years of sales and marketing experience with firms such as RR Donnelley, Brobeck Phleger & Harrison LLP, Andrews Kurth LLP, Marsh Inc., and Wells Fargo Bank. He is an expert in human engagement and has trained thousands of professionals in the art of building professional contacts that lead to increased business. Thom's work centers around helping people get back to the basics of relationships that lead to better opportunities and more sales.
He has authored twelve books on the power of business relationships, sales, networking, presentation skills and entrepreneurship, and regularly speaks to corporate, law firm and convention audiences. Thom earned the prestigious Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation in 2014.
Thank you to our event sponsor!
Thank you to our strategic sponsor!