Spring Educational Program & Member Celebration Reception
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
The Fairmont Chicago
200 N Columbus Dr
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Welcome and Sponsor Introduction
Join us for our Spring Educational Program & Member Celebration Reception
Getting To Success: Embracing Change, Encouraging Disruption, and Incentivizing Innovation
Tech titan Michele Romanow is an engineer and a serial entrepreneur. Before she turned 30, she had launched four successful companies including Buytopia and SnapSaves, the coupon company that was acquired by Chicago based Groupon last year. She is currently head of marketing with Groupon and resides in Chicago. Most recently the engineering grad has joined the panel on CBC’s Dragons' Den (Canadian Shark Tank predecessor,) providing valuable insight on the tech and the millennial consumer.
Michele speaks on leadership, entrepreneurship, the future of e tech, and managing change.
This program is focused on:
Why This is Important:
- Leadership and gaining buy-in for ideas even though you may not be in a position of authority
- Develop a high-performing team where everyone is a stakeholder
- Technology insights: using it to enrich your life and improve your organization and meetings
- Look at the meetings profession from a whole new perspective
- Identify opportunities and act on them
- Be a change agent. Michele speaks on how you can affect an enormous amount of change when leading a project. More power, a greater ability to exert control, high efficiency, less waste, less politics all translates to getting more done faster and affecting change sooner.
- Be 100% focused on what drives the value needle most. Value-based prioritization is key in Michele’s mind. You can only do five things well at any point in time. The rest we must learn to delegate. She is always trying to be the most valuable person on the team.
Extensive Q & A will be offered to discover the secrets of a wildly successful entrepreneur. Recognize yourself in her story and draw bold inspiration from this powerhouse professional. Michele is someone who has found success and has the passion to share that with others.
The Spring Educational Program is brought to you by:
The Member Celebration Reception is brought to you by: