8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Registration & Networking Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Session 1: Survey with Impact: Transform Traditional Event Surveys into Actionable, Valuable Assets
10:30am – 10:45am Refreshment Break
10:45am – 12:00pm Session 2: Practical: Event Survey Transformation
Session 1: Survey with Impact: Transform Traditional Event Surveys into Actionable, Valuable Assets
Do you include the same questions in your event surveys just to have year over year comparison data? If you aren't proactive about designing your survey to meet specific needs you may not be taking advantage of post-meeting survey and session evaluation feedback. This session will debunk the belief that comparative data should drive survey design and show you how to create a survey strategy that will dictate the types of questions you include and how to formulate them. It will highlight a case study from an organization that has embraced the premise of surveying with impact to continually evolve their meeting.
- Explore the role of impactful survey design, execution and post-survey analysis in driving changes to your meeting and educational offerings
- Decide what types of questions to ask to help identify and implement improvement opportunities in your meeting
- How to craft new or refine existing questions that address the objectives of your survey
Session 2: Practical: Event Survey Transformation
David will lead group and individual learning in order to refine current survey objectives, review current surveys, and make recommendations on specific steps that will help create more value for your meeting. From there participants will have the opportunity to analyze their own event surveys to determine what questions to keep, tweak or completely remove. If your event surveys are stale and need to be transformed this is an activity you won't want to miss!
- Examine your current meeting survey and session evaluation strategy to determine key event objectives
- Identify which existing questions are relevant and which should be removed if they do not deliver actionable outcomes
- Practice creating new or refining existing questions on your surveys
If you would like to sign up for both the March and April sessions and obtain a 10% discount on both events, contact the Chapter Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a special discount code before you register.
- David Saef, EVP, Strategy & MarketWorks , Global Experience Specialists (GES)
- Twitter: @DSStrategy , LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/davidsaef/
- David has led MarketWorks, a service which provides strategic insights and creative campaigns, since 2010. He partnered with top event organizers and brand marketers to refine event strategies, grow audience through segmentation and targeted messaging, deliver creative marketing campaigns, and identify improvements through event audits and surveys. Sample clients include Penton, National Safety Council, American Wind Energy Association, Solar Energy Tradeshows, Travel Goods Association, and American Association of Diabetes Educators. From 2007-2013, David led GES’ Strategy & Marketing as well as led planning and acquisitions. Prior to joining GES, David spent seven years with L.E.K. Consulting, a global strategy & consulting firm, in their London and Chicago offices.
- David serves as Chair, Education Committee at IAEE as well as Auxiliary Board Member, Northfield Township Food Pantry. He is a frequent industry speaker at Exhibitor Live, IAEE, PCMA, IMEX and Association Forum.
- David earned an M.B.A. from The Wharton School and a Masters in International Studies from the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania. He received his B.A. in Russian and Soviet studies from Harvard College.
- David is a frequent industry commentator on event industry and social media trends; learn more at https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=4393080&trk=spm_pic