Do you remember your first days in the meeting industry? How confident or unsure were you? Did you know even where or how to get started? Was there an industry veteran that guided you to become the experienced person you are today? What would it mean to you to give a hospitality student that same direction you received? What wisdom would you share with them?
Please join us at Kent State University as meeting professionals come together to mold young hospitality students who are eager to receive mentoring opportunities -- as they approach the “work world”.
Share your experience with future young professionals who are searching for direction in areas such as:
- Association and Corporate Meeting Planning
- Independent and Third-Party Meeting Planning
- Hotels and Convention Center Management
- Supplier Management, such as Audio-Visual Companies, Decorators and Destination Management Companies (DMCs)
- Convention/Destination Management (CVBs)
1:00 pm Registration & Networking Reception between Students and Meeting Professionals
2:00 pm Round Table Topics – Mentoring Discussions by Specific Positions (three rotations)
3:00 pm Group Presentation on Networking and Preparing for your Career : Role of Social Media
3:30 pm Program completion
Thank you to our event sponsor!