One of the hardest parts of a meeting and event planner’s job is reacting to the unpredictable. From A/V failures, to building safety, to breaking news on a national crisis, when disaster strikes, are you prepared to take advantage of the entire toolbox available in 2013?
Your attendees have the best notification device possible, right in their pockets all the time: their mobile phones. How can you use social media and mobile marketing tools to connect – and sometimes corral – your attendees in times of crisis?
Here's what you'll learn:
- What are the boundaries and best practices of social media usage
- How do world crises affect social media usage – and events we’re managing
- How can we use social and mobile tools to clearly and quickly communicate with attendees, in crises or simply when we have important information to share
- How can we be prepared to take advantage of social and mobile tools at our events
- 11:30 am - 12:00 pm - Registration
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - Luncheon & Networking
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Program
Jessica Best of emfluence Interactive Marketing is one part massive email, social media and online marketing nerd and one part permission-marketing evangelist. She acts as a strategic consultant and subject matter expert for national and social brands, nonprofits and local marketing associations. She’s lead training sessions and spoken in front of audiences from a dozen to over 300, from Wichita to New York City on email and social media marketing. Jessica’s primary role is the Community Director for emfluence, implementing the best practices they preach for emfluence’s own social and email marketing strategy. Find her on Twitter @bestofjess.
We wish to thank Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza, Applied Measurement Professionals and the Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau for their generous support of this program. To learn more about these fine members of our organization, please click on the respective logo!
The Marriott Kansas City Country Club Hotel is offering a special rate for attendees of $99.00 plus tax per room, per night. Contact the hotel at 816-531-3000.