Find charm and convenience in this hip New England city area
Home to more working artists and degreed chefs per capita than any other U.S. city, Providence, R.I., has been appropriately nicknamed the country’s Creative Capital. This, combined with a revitalized downtown and a cohesive convention-center complex, makes for an enriching meeting experience in one of New England’s most picturesque and vibrant cities.
In the center of downtown, the Rhode Island Convention & Entertainment Complex - consisting of the Rhode Island Convention Center (RICC), the Dunkin’ Donuts Center (Dunk), and the Veterans Memorial Auditorium (The Vets) - is within one mile of 2,200 hotel rooms. The RICC is directly connected to the Dunk and the 564-room Westin Providence, as well as Providence Place, a downtown mall offering more than 170 shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
Providence was named “The Coolest City in New England” by British newspaper The Telegraph
, and Travel + Leisure
readers recently voted Providence one of America’s Favorite Cities, ranking it No. 2 in the United States for food. It’s no surprise - Providence is home to Johnson & Wales, the world’s largest culinary educator, as well as Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design. Graduates often stay in the city, resulting in a thriving and forward-thinking culinary and arts community.
At a Glance
Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
Kristin McGrath, CDME, Vice President of Sales & Services
Fax: (401) 273-7046
Rhode Island Convention Center
- Total exhibit space: 100,00 square feet
- Total ballroom space: 20,000 square feet
- Total number of meeting rooms: 23
- Total rooms: 5,500
- Total rooms within one mile of convention center: 2,200
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Museum of Art
- Historic homes and architecture on Benefit Street
- WaterFire Providence, a free event featuring more than 80 bonfires installed on the rivers of downtown
- Roger Williams Park Zoo
- Shopping at Providence Place
- The Tony Award–winning Trinity Repertory Company
- Providence Performing Arts Center, host to first-class Broadway touring shows
- T.F. Green Airport - 10 minutes from downtown Providence, offering 150 flights daily and a direct connection to MBTA commuter trains via the on-site Interlink station