The Pacific Northwest Chapter of PCMA is excited to be able to partner with the Pike Place Market Foundation for 2015. The Market is located in the heart of downtown Seattle and a staple to the very essence of our beautiful city and region. Through our chapters charity efforts, we are aiming to exceed 2014 donation figures to enhance the Foundation’s Medical Clinic facilities, funds for their Senior Center that include meals, wellness activities and case management as well as helping provide tuition assistance for children who can’t afford quality early learning.
Established in 1982, The Market Foundation is a non-profit organization which supports housing and services for our low-income neighbors by fundraising, advocacy and community building. Over the past 30 years, The Market Foundation has contributed to a neighborhood model that allows our diverse community to live and thrive here at Pike Place Market. The Foundation does this by:
• Funding the Market’s social services including the Pike Market Medical Clinic, Senior Center, Food Bank, Heritage House and Child Care & Preschool
• Providing Market Fresh Coupons to low-income neighbors so they have access fresh produce in the Market
• Maintaining the Community Safety Net Fund to help Market farmers, merchants, social service clients and residents who need temporary assistance when faced with a hardship
• Supporting low-income housing residents and development in the Market and throughout Downtown Seattle
• Fundraising for the Market’s heritage programs, public improvements and repairs to the Market’s historic buildings
Please join the Pacific Northwest Chapter in supporting Pike Place Market Foundation this year by donating at chapter events or purchasing raffle tickets. For additional information on how to support this effort, please contact Angela Elinoff at Angela.Elinoff@Fairmont.com.