If you have a couple of spare hours on August 14, put on your lei, practice the hula, and attend our next PCMA/Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly event.
Every Thursday, the elderly are invited to come and enjoy Coffee Club with Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly. This free event features food, fun, volunteers, and, of course, coffee, and is designed to provide conversation and community for those who attend.
Watch the video for an inside-look at the Coffee Club events.
The August 14 event will have a Hawaiian theme. Here are the details:
Hawaiian Theme Coffee Club
August 14, from 9-11am
355 N. Ashland, Chicago, IL 60607
Here is how you can help:
- Approximately 20 volunteers for the Coffee Club (day of event).
- Donations for breakfast food and beverage items (Hawaiian themed, if possible): breakfast sandwiches, pastries, fruit or fruit salad, juices, etc.
- Donations for themed décor would be welcomed and appreciated.
- Entertainment (we have secured music and hula dancers!)
- Donate a gift card ($10, $20, $25) for stores like Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Walgreens, Jewel, CVS, Walmart, etc.
- *Attendees= 20-50ppl
Please Contact Keri Kelly (CSC Vice-Chair) or Rhonda Chesney, CMP, Chair of Little Brothers Sub-Committee, to donate an item, share your ideas, and ask about participation for the August 14 event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly
is the designated charity for GMC-PCMA. The mission of the organization is to provide friendship and companionship to lonely and isolated elders. They serve over 1300 elders a year and have 1000-1500 volunteers.