Student chapters are a great way to network with fellow students. You'll gain valuable experience organizing events and community service projects with your chapter. Additionally, you can participate in local PCMA Chapter events and build relationships with hospitality and meeting professionals in your area. The power of networking can propel you into a long lasting career in the meetings industry!
Your college or university may already have a student chapter of PCMA or another hospitality group on campus. You can check with your university for hospitality groups or click here for a PCMA list.
Your one-stop-shop for articles, templates, samples and free education for your chapter meetings.
Student Chapter Start-Up:
Starting a student chapter of PCMA is very easy! In order to be recognized as an official student chapter of PCMA, you must complete the following:
- At least 6 registered student members of PCMA.
- A volunteer faculty advisor (does not need to be a member of PCMA)
- Recognition from College/University as an official group
- Review and accept the Student Chapter Bylaws
- Legibly complete the Annual Application for Student Chapters and submit to PCMA. Applications should be submitted once per year, typically at the beginning of the Fall semester. Confirmation of acceptance will be sent within two weeks of receipt of application.
Completed applications can be sent to:
Attn: Student Membership
35 East Wacker Drive, Suite 500
Chicago, IL 60601
The benefits a student members receives far outweighs the minimal fee to join! Not only do you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships, you also become connected to just over 6,000 other members! Learn more about Student Membership and its benefits today.
Need help recruiting members? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request marketing materials for your student chapter.