Business meetings and events play a critical role in connecting people and driving positive business results. Join us on Global Meetings Industry Day, as we get together to learn what global business events mean to you. From legacy projects to security at face-to-face events and trending topics, we will get together to discuss the future and celebrate our industry!
Session 1: Global Value of Business Events Panel Discussion
This session will help you better understand the value and role face-to face events play worldwide, as well as future challenges that globalization presents due to travel and security. From events taking place in new destinations to local organizations working with a more global audience, globalization affects everyone.
During this session, we will:
- Discuss the current and future landscape of global events and what that means for business, travel, and security
- Discuss how domestic policies will affect business travel
- Describe how the expanding business environment requires more cultural awareness
- Learn how to make an impact with our events through “legacy projects” and discuss how to change the conversation around business events
Session 2: Understanding Current Safety and Security Trends for Today’s Meeting Organizers
How can we make sure that our attendees know that they will be safe attending our events? This session will give meeting organizers guidance on how to prepare and implement safety and security protocols into meetings and events.
This session will help you:
- Recognize emerging areas of risk and assess risk factors for threats, vulnerabilities, safety, and security issues facing your events
- Develop pathways and solutions to help you respond appropriately
- Provide tactics, considerations and resources for crisis, public safety and emergency management
Julie Coker Graham, President & CEO, Philadelphia CVB
Michel Couturier, CDME, Managing Partner, Marketing Challenges International
Michelle Crowley, Senior Director, Global Development & Partnerships, PCMA
Sheila M. Hess, City Representative, City of Philadelphia
Phelps R. Hope, CMP, Senior Vice President, Meetings & Expositions, Kellen Company
Jonathan Wackrow, Executive Director, RANE | Risk Assistance Network and Exchange
Agenda for Thursday, April 6, 2017
Registration - 2:00pm-2:30pm
Session 1 & 2 - 2:30pm-5:15pm
Reception - 5:15pm-6:30pm
Register today at https://www.etouches.com/gmid2017.
Click here to see who's coming!
This program has been approved by the Convention Industry Council for CMP continuing education credit.
Donation Collection - The GPPCMA Community Service Committee has chosen to support Career Wardrobe at this event. We welcome all attending to participate by donating clothing or accessories. Click here for more information.
NOTE: All items collected must be on hangers (if appropriate) or in shopping bags. They are unable to accept donations in black or white garbage bags.