Call for Board of Directors
The Chesapeake Chapter relies on the energy and enthusiasm of volunteers who are committed to working for the advancement of our Chapter and our industry. At this time, the Chesapeake Chapter is seeking applications for the 2016 Board of Directors.
Applications due September 30, 2015
Why apply for the the PCMA Chesapeake Chapter Board of Directors? Volunteering provides tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth, building industry contacts, and developing relationships with colleagues.
- Build new skills and strengthen leadership skills you already have
- Meet new people – both friends and industry contacts
- Make a name for yourself
- Build relationships
- Experience new ideas
- Advance your career and PCMA
The following Chesapeake Chapter Board of Directors & Officers positions are available for the 2016 year:
* Director, Communications (2-year term)
* Director, Programs (2-year term)
* Secretary (1-year term)
* Treasurer (1-year term)
Nomination deadline: COB Wednesday, September 30, 2015. To apply, please complete the online application form by COB on Wednesday, September 30, 2015.
New officers and directors will serve with the following board members:
- Robyn Hulvey, CMP, CGMP– Current President-Elect, will become the 2016 Capital Chapter President
- Janeé Pelletier, MBA, CMP, DES – Current President, will become 2016 Capital Chapter Immediate Past President
- Richard Hays – Director, Sponsorship (Serving second year of 2015-16 term)
- Lesley Rehaut – Director, Membership (Serving second year of 2015-16 term)
Board of Directors applications will be reviewed by the Chesapeake Chapter Nominating Committee and a recommended slate of board members will be distributed to all chapter members no later than October 31, 2015. All applicants will be notified of the Nominating Committee’s decision by phone or email no later than October 30, 2015. Candidates may be asked to participate in phone interviews with members of the nominating committee to determine suitability for the position.
Criteria & Guidelines for Selection of Board Members
- Each nominee must be a Chesapeake member in good standing.
- Each elected board member must commit to attending all scheduled board meetings (approximately 6 per year; 2-3 in person and remainder by phone) as well as the Board Planning Retreat, at locations determined by the board. Candidates will assume responsibility for all expenses (such as parking, Metro fare, phone calls, faxes) in conjunction with board meeting participation.
- Each nominee must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
The nominating committee will use the following guidelines in determining the slate:
- Participation in PCMA Chesapeake Chapter events and activities during last two years
- Responses to board application questions
- Professional references, as provided during the board application process.
- Prior volunteer leadership experience and committee participation.
Questions about the process or service on the board? Contact Marci Glavin, Nominating Committee Chair, email@example.com.
Join a Committee
The Chesapeake Chapter Needs YOU!! We are looking for a few good people to volunteer to join the Chesapeake chapter leadership in as a committee member. Our strongest asset is our membership and our members’ willingness to share skills and strengths in support of PCMA.
Why volunteer with the PCMA Chesapeake Chapter? Volunteering provides tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth, building industry contacts, and developing relationships with colleagues.
- Make a name for yourself!
- Meet new people – both friends and industry contacts!
- Build relationships!
- Experience new ideas!
- Work toward advancing your career and PCMA!
Programs (Education) Committee
- Assisting with site selection, content creation, speaker lineup and all logistics for our 8 annual networking and education programs.
- Attend events to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Assistance with the registration process as needed.
- Member Recruitment: contacting guests who attend chapter events about membership.
- Member Retention: ensuring our members are satisfied with their experience and anticipating the needs of our members to make the membership a valuable experience for them.
- Supporting chapter and national membership drives.
- Newsletter: drafting copy and preparing/sending bimonthly chapter e-newsletter
- Social Media: responsible for updating chapter Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Website Support: responsible for working jointly with the chapter administrator to update chapter website with fresh content.
- Works to find venue sponsors for our 8 annual networking and education programs.
- For non-venue sponsors, creates and matches cash sponsorship opportunities with sponsor needs and outcomes.
- Handles sponsorship solicitation and retention for chapter programs.
- Works with the Marketing and Programs Committees to execute sponsor deliverables.
Got a passion for an area not represented here? Email our chapter administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your great idea and you may be asked to serve in a leadership role for a new committee.