Call For Presentations
Did you run out of time to submit your presentation?
Good news: The deadline to submit is April 29. Don't forget to send in your proposal for a presentation for the 4th Annual PCMA Canada East Chapter's Canadian Innovation Conference (CIC) no later than April 29, 2016 at 5pm EST.
The PCMA Canada East Chapter is committed to providing senior-level education for our members and attendees - many of whom have responsibility for planning/executing their own meetings and events. To that end, we are equally committed to providing suitable benefits to those who present this cutting-edge education.
Some of the benefits presenters include:
- While presenters at sessions will receive a complimentary full registration to the conference, all other expenses will be the responsibility of the presenter(s). This will include transportation, accommodation, non-covered meals and incidentals. Speakers will be extended the planner flight rate of 20% off best published price.
- The organizer of each approved session of 60 minutes or longer will also receive two (2) nights complimentary accommodation, single or double occupancy, to assign to themselves or to a co-presenter.
- Marketing and professional exposure to the entire PCMA Canada East Chapter membership, and members of related meetings industry organizations.
- Real opportunities through PCMA Canada East Chapter marketing and other efforts to book additional speaking engagements or secure other direct business from our members and attendees - a large audience of meeting professionals, many of whom are directly responsible for engaging presenters and who typically spend between $100,000 and $275,000 for speakers at their own meetings.
- Opportunities to engage directly with members, attendees and others in the meetings industry before and after the program through social media and other avenues - extending the life of your participation and engagement with this group of influential attendees.
- Enhanced professional credibility and prestige that comes from affiliating with the PCMA Canada East Chapter, whose events are considered among the most distinguished in the convention industry, renowned for their high calibre of educational programming.
- Generally, the PCMA Canada East Chapter does not provide an honorarium or reimburse for presenter expenses when speaking at the Canadian Innovation Conference.
Submit your FAR OUT ideas for a presentation
no later than April 29.
Details for the 2016 Canadian Innovation Conference will be available in June 2016
November 20-22, 2016
St. John's Convention Centre
Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre
Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland
St. John's, Newfoundland
Over 400 attendees came to Toronto Nov. 22-24, 2015 for innovative, engaging Canadian-focused education that would help to transform and elevated the way planners design meetings and events.
What Attendees Said Last Year
- "Great conference. Excellent education; great networking; warm and relaxed meeting environment."
- "Absolutely outstanding!"
- "This was a very organized and fulfilling conference. The team did an incredible job."
- "Congratulations to the team on creating an experience for all of us."
- "The Closing Party was phenomenal!! The food was unreal, they invested a lot of time in the decor and thought it through."
And don't miss next year...
The PCMA Canada East Chapter Board of Directors is pleased to announce the locations of the future Canadian Innovation Conferences:
2017 – Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, Niagara Falls, ON (CIC 5th Anniversary Conference)
Letter from Mayor Jim Diodati
2018 – Fairmont Empress Hotel and the Victoria Conference Centre, Victoria, BC
2019 – Quebec City Convention Centre and the Hilton Québec, Quebec City, PQ
We look forward to seeing everyone in Toronto at this year's conference and in St. John's, NL, in 2016!