Top 10 Tips for evaluating facility Wi-Fi
1. Think through the attendee expectation around Wi-Fi. What will the typical attendee be using it for?
2. Know how much bandwidth the facility can dedicate exclusively to your group
3. Use CIC's bandwidth estimator tool
to start understanding your bandwidth needs
4. Ask the facility about bandwidth management. For example, can they prioritize a presenter connection over attendee access?
5. Understand how many devices the Wi-Fi can support simultaneously
6. Ask for a network map highlighting the Wi-Fi access point locations
7. Ask who is providing the support. Who is onsite? Who is offsite?
8. Find out what qualifications they hold
9. Start requesting reporting of your bandwidth and wireless device usage to make planning the next event easier
10. Remember to collect the reporting soon after the conclusion of the event
Presented by: John Rissi, senior vice president of operations, PSAV and Todd Walton, vice president of production services,MGM Resorts International