Another successful “Pack for Impact” for Experient! This year’s event raises $7,180 to Provide Food for Children in Metro Denver!
On Wednesday, July 23rd, the Denver Office of Experient hosted the 6th Annual Pack for Impact Event raising $ 7,180 for the Food Bank of the Rockies' Kids Café Program and Totes of Hope. “We appreciate all the support that we see year over year from our industry patrons and clients who donate their time and money to such a worthy cause. I’m proud to say for 15 years during our Classic and Pack for Impact events our total contributions to the Kid’s Café has reached $114,880, says Yurii Land, CMP, Director, Strategic Account Management with Experient, chair and MC of the event.
The Kids Café and Totes of Hope for Children programs were designed specifically for "at risk" children throughout the Denver metro area. One in seven households in Colorado are food insecure, or food insecure with hunger. Colorado has seen some of the fastest increases in child poverty, with more than 224,000 children living at or below the poverty level.
Every Friday, the Food Bank sends the children participating in Totes of Hope home with a pack of food so that they will have something to eat over the weekend. At Experient’s Pack for Impact we used our sponsorship dollars to purchase the food and then actually pack the bags on-site at the Food Bank. This year we packed 1,800 bags of food in less than 1 ½ hours, which was a six-year record. This year’s winning team, Purple had the fastest time stuffing their bags, packing 450 bags in 21 minutes!
PICTURE of PURPLE TEAM HERE….
In the photo above, left to right: Stacy Green- Marriott Hotels, Cahal Mowery- Greater Houston Convention Visitors Bureau, Molly O’Conner-Hyatt’s of Denver, Jenn Kimbel-Experient, Imelda Casteel-Freeman, Judy Esterbrook-Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center, Carter Dunham-PRG, Tanya Steenwyk-Hilton Americas Houston, Brian Roe-Experient, Maggie Reaville-Visit Nashville with Yurii Land-Experient.
Thanks to our many sponsoring companies without whom this event could not be possible:
- Shelly Barlett with Hyatts of Denver
- Jerelle Gordon with Visit Nashville
- Harriet Porter with Anaheim/Orange County Convention Bureau
- Paul Mears with Hello Destination Management
- Jennifer Sommers with International Hotels Group
- Joe Loftus and Justin Leax with Visual Aids Electronics
- Kevin Shelledy with Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Rick Nelson with Hilton Hotels
- Tanya Steenwyk with Hilton Americas Houston
- Stacy Green with Marriott International
- Judy Esterbrook with Stonebridge Companies representing the new Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center
- Dionne Hulsey with Tourism Montreal
- Julie Nicolazzi with Visit Phoenix
- Nathan Tollett, Pamela Benson and Cahal Mowery with the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Penny Bergsten with Cheyenne Mountain Resort
- Jason Strauss with the Colorado Convention Center
We would also like to recognize and thank Michele Burns and, Sara Arp with Freeman who sponsored the signage.
We would like to recognize our friends with PRG Audio Visual who sponsored all our audio visual. We would like to thank Tim Dyer, Henry Rosales, Greg Turner, Carter Dunham, Chad Cochran, Ben Smith and Adam Dunn.
We couldn’t do this event without the help from our largest sponsor, our friends at Visit Denver who have contributed to this event all fifteen years and are a founder sponsor. We would like to thank Rachel Benedick, Jason Lusk, Theresa Blankenau, Rebecca Dillahunty, Lissa Hutchison, John Craig and Christina Rath.Visit Denver donated $ 3,000 and $ 48,000 since the inception of our events for the Food Bank of the Rockies. Thank you Visit Denver!