Get a unique “Behind the Curtain” look at how
hotels and convention centers plan your
meetings, plus hands-on training from the
Cleveland Convention Center and the Marriott Key Center
Morning – Cleveland Convention Center and Global Center for Health Innovation, hosted by Craig Thompson, Director of Convention Sales
8:00 am: Valet park at Marriott Key Center and escorted across to Global Center for Health Innovation, vouchers will be provided.
8:30 am: Registration in Breakfast Area – Welcome presentation during Breakfast.
9:30 am – 11:30 am: Sales/Convention Services with a walking tour of meeting space
- Working with unions & negotiating with labor.
- Working with non-traditional venues around the center and how to work with them?
- Why are some services comp at a hotel and not comp at a convention center?
- What are the differences between a privately run and government run centers?
- What is the difference between preferred and exclusive agreements with your providers?
- What do we need to ask when working with a convention center?
- What do we need to know working with a drayage company? What do we need to know about load-in & move-out times? Rules?
11:30 am: Walk across to Marriott Key Center
Afternoon –The Marriott Key Center, hosted by Cal Elaban, Director of Event Planning
11:45 am: Gather in Main Lobby for Interactive Experience, group will be assigned to a department to “work” hands-on at the hotel led by a Hotel Manager (Laundry, Culinary, Banquets, Housekeeping)
12:45 pm: Welcome and Lunch in Ballroom
12:45 pm – 2:00 pm: Presentation from Sales/Catering/Revenue Management/Event Management during lunch
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Behind the scenes tours of all remaining hotel areas and additional insight for Engineering/Front Desk/Laundry/Banquets/Culinary/Housekeeping
Hosted by our sponsors, the Cleveland Convention Center & the Marriott Key Center.
Special pricing for our fall events! Non-members attend for the $25 Member rate!