Great things happen when people come together. Face-to-face is where deals are struck, relationships are forged and ideas are generated.
PCMA’s advocacy initiatives are about showing the real power of what business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions collectively do for people, businesses and communities.
Here’s how to get involved:
June 8-9, 2015 - Exhibitions Day
PCMA is proud to collaborate with the Meetings Mean Business Coalition and leading industry organizations to promote the economic benefits of the industry to U.S. Congressional Members during the 2nd annual Exhibitions Day on Capitol Hill.
You’re invited to join over 150 advocates to inform Congress about the impact that exhibitions and events have on the economies of large and small communities across the country.
And encourage Congress to consider important regulations affecting exhibitions and events today:
- Support of The Jobs Originated Through Launching Travel (JOLT) Act to leverage the benefits of inbound international travel to the U.S. to increase economic growth, create jobs, generate tax revenue and boost exports
- Emphasize the importance of government employee trade show participation to increase training opportunities for employees and drive economic growth
This year promises to build on the successes from 2014, when more than 100 industry advocates participated in the inaugural event and 93% of them rated their experience as “excellent”!
Make your voice heard! Register today at www.exhibitionsday.org.
Bill McDermott, Global CEO of SAP, the world’s largest business software company, gave a interview by satellite to IMEX America and told members of the meetings and events industry: “Your industry is at the forefront of driving growth in the global economy.”
How else can you show your support?
Sign the Meetings Industry Statement of Support
- Either complete and send to PCMA HQ for us to send out
- Send directly to your local representative
- Write a letter or complete this postcard and send to your local representative. Here are a few tips for writing to your elected official."
- Utilize the industry tools provided by the Meetings Means Business Collation - This toolkit helps you tell our industry's story with resources to assist you with articulating the economic impact and business productivity of face-to-face meetings and events. Find out more.
- Download the Meetings Means Business App. This app, available in both the Apples iTunes Store and the Android Google Play Store, serves as the on-the-go resource for industry leaders along with meetings and travel professionals. Features include quick access to collateral materials, data points, editorial content, the latest industry news and other important information. The app will also serve an additional entry point and engagement tool for industry professionals looking to get involved with the campaign.
5 Things Your Next Meeting Is Giving Back To You
CIC Supports North American Meetings Industry Day
International Meetings Review
North American Meetings Industry Day Aims to Send a Powerful Message
Meeting Mentor Magazine
How I Got Here: David DuBois
Only You Can Protect Meetings
Rebel Roundup: Airbnb, Wi-Fi, Sponsorship Value, Meetings Mean Business
Meetings Mean Business Outlines Strategy for 2015
The Meetings Magazine
PCMA Announces 2014 Chairman's Award Winner