The more involved you are in PCMA, the more relationships you’ll build.
Join the Board of Directors or one of our dynamic committees and volunteer for the many community service activities that provide an environment of networking and fun, while giving back.
Board of Directors
Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of our chapter and PCMA. Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
- Personal and professional growth
- Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
- Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continued education
Committee members are expected to serve for at least one year.
- Committee service is strictly on a volunteer basis, with all incurred costs being the individual’s responsibility.
- You must be an active or affiliate member in good standing.
- You must commit to attending conference calls/meetings of your committee. Failure to attend may result in loss of committee appointment.
- You must complete tasks/projects for which you volunteer for the committee.
- If your committee is involved with particular programs, show your support by participating in the programs.
- A special effort will be made to include those interested members who have not previously served on a PCMA Capital Chapter committee.
Capital Chapter organizes several programs a year and hundreds of volunteers support these efforts. From the Race for the Cure, to public schools, animals, the USO and more, we give back to the community in many ways – join us!
Host a Planner
Many of you may know of someone not attending the monthly Capital Chapter educational programs because of lack of funding and your organization can help. With the PRG sponsorship, your contributions will be matched up to $500.
How it works
- Donations will be accepted and added to a fund to assist PCMA planner members
- All donations are added to the pool and cannot be targeted for a specific member
- Minimum donation is $20